azcentral news –
The death of student Ivan Aguirre late last year at Arizona State University was the school’s first documented incident involving fentanyl, an ASU police official told The Arizona Republic on Wednesday.
Ivan Aguirre, 20, was found dead Nov. 11 in his room at Greek Leadership Village in Tempe. A Maricopa County medical examiner’s report released Tuesday indicated he died from mixed drug intoxication that included fentanyl and etizolam.
His death was the university’s “first known recorded incident related to fentanyl,” ASU police spokesperson Nicole Pomerantz said.
Prominence of fentanyl at ASU is unknown
Pomerantz told The Republic on Wednesday that the university doesn’t have an accurate assessment of the prominence of fentanyl at the college.
ASU police statistics related to the drug were not available because Aguirre’s death was the university’s first documented incident related to fentanyl, according to Pomerantz.
This post expires and will no longer be available at 11:09 am on Thursday, February 4th, 2021Tags: Opioid Crisis Overdose