PA: 1-year-old boy dies after ingesting heroin-fentanyl mix in Sharpsburg home

Triblive News –

Detectives suspect that the child may have ingested illegal narcotics

A 1-year-old boy died in September after ingesting a mix of heroin and fentanyl at a Sharpsburg home, authorities said Wednesday.

Few details are available regarding the death of the boy, who was identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office as Latayvis Kane LeRoy Gervasoni.

Emergency dispatchers received a 911 call about an unresponsive toddler in the 1000 block of North Canal Street at about 3:20 a.m. on Sept. 4, Allegheny County Police said.

Medics rushed the 1-year-old child to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, the medical examiner said, where he was pronounced dead shortly later.

“Through the course of the investigation, detectives suspected that the child may have ingested illegal narcotics,” Allegheny County Police said in a statement.

Officials have not released any information about who was in charge of caring for the child that morning.

As of Wednesday, the medical examiner deemed the boy’s manner of death to be “undetermined.” The cause of death is listed as mixed drug intoxication, including heroin and fentanyl.

No charges or arrests have been made in the case, and police continue to investigate.

News Link

This post expires and will no longer be available at 1:39 pm on Friday, April 30th, 2021

Tags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators Federal Tax ID: 52-1660752 / DUNS Number: 073539913

Copyright © 2020 - NADDI. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy / Trademark Policy / Copyright Policy / Refund Policy

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account