Fatal overdose at 'sober home' sheds light on an unregulated industry 3

When Thom­as Mc­Cue moved into a “sober home” in St. Paul in 2017, his par­ents felt hope­ful that he was fi­nal­ly get­ting his life back on track af­ter years of sub­stance a­buse and de­pres­sion.

The 23-year-old had just com­pleted in­ten­sive resi­den­tial treat­ment and was pre­par­ing to re­turn to col­lege to study art and business. Staff at the sober home prom­ised to help Mc­Cue with a supportive and “highly structured” environment that would be drug-free, his parents said.

Five months later, Mc­Cue died of a fatal in­jec­tion of her­o­in that was de­liv­ered to the front porch of the house on St. Clair Avenue. His body wasn’t found until hours later because no staff or other residents were present.

“This home broke every sin­gle prom­ise they made,” said his moth­er, Vasiliki Canotas, who lives in Manchester, N.H.

Post expires and will no longer be available at 8:46 pm on Friday January 8th, 2021

Tags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

NADDI, 1810 York Road #435, Lutherville, MD 21093 Federal Tax ID: 52-1660752 / DUNS Number: 073539913

Copyright © 2020 - NADDI. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy / Trademark Policy / Copyright Policy / Refund Policy

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account